Managing the teaching of Cham characters to Cham people in Ham Thuan Bac district, Binh Thuan province - 9
- At the request of the school principals, the Head of Education and Training Department directs the procurement of textbooks, reference books, teaching aids, etc. The principal is responsible for managing these assets such as: other school property.
However, in fact, there are very few textbooks, most of which have to be photocopied for temporary use, but there are not enough official copies of the Ministry of Education and Training; Because the tables and chairs in the classrooms in the school are mainly for primary school students, they are not suitable for older students to study. It is recommended that these schools provide tables and chairs for the elderly in a separate classroom so that older learners can study more comfortably.
2.4.11. Managing the organization of classes and mobilizing learners to go to class
- The Department of Education and Training assigns the Principal of the Primary School to be responsible for:
+ Discuss with the local government, the village People's Committee about the plan to open a Cham language class and suggest the locality to help open the class such as: Appointing people to take care of security and order for the class, mobilizing people to take care of the classroom. opened a Cham script class, attended the opening of a Cham script class to encourage learners' learning spirit.
+ Announcement of opening Cham script class
+ Organize enrollment in the Cham script class
+ Organizing the opening ceremony of the Cham script class
+ Assign teachers to lead the class and teach
Maybe you are interested!
- Managing the teaching of Cham characters to Cham people in Ham Thuan Bac district, Binh Thuan province - 6
- Managing the teaching of Cham characters to Cham people in Ham Thuan Bac district, Binh Thuan province - 7
- Managing the teaching of Cham characters to Cham people in Ham Thuan Bac district, Binh Thuan province - 8
- Managing the teaching of Cham characters to Cham people in Ham Thuan Bac district, Binh Thuan province - 10
- Managing the teaching of Cham characters to Cham people in Ham Thuan Bac district, Binh Thuan province - 11
+ Send teachers to mobilize students to class
+ Periodically report the opening, closing and learning situation to local authorities and the Department of Education and Training.
- In fact, the Principals have fully completed the assigned tasks, created good relationships with the authorities, social organizations and religious dignitaries in mobilizing students to graduate.
2.4.12. Manage the issuance of academic certificates and reward system
- The Department of Education and Training assigns the Principal of the Primary School to be responsible for:
+ Issuing academic certificates for students of Cham literacy classes taught by primary schools, such as granting academic certificates to primary school students and high school illiteracy subjects.
+ Manage the gradebook of the Cham class like other grade books in the school.
+ Commendation of students and teachers for good achievements in learning and teaching.
- The Department of Education and Training guides the form of certificate of completion of Cham script; inspect the granting of academic certificates of the Principal.
In general, although the opening of Cham language classes has been conducted and many people enthusiastically participated in teaching and learning, these Cham classes have not really operated stably and sustainably for the following main reasons: :
* Binh Thuan Department of Education and Training has not issued specific directives and instructions on opening Cham literacy classes for adults in Binh Thuan province.
Specifically, there are no instructions on the implementation of the program, textbooks, how to assess learning quality, the management of the teaching work of Cham teachers, regulations on the responsibility regime of teachers and staff. school management when organizing the opening of Cham literacy classes, Cham script class records... * Binh Thuan Department of Education and Training has not actively planned to open Cham literacy classes for the elderly; The opening of these classes depends on the management of the district authorities. Since then, there has been no plan to train and foster Cham language teachers for the Cham peopleolder adults, no financial preparation for this field. According to current regulations, funding for general illiteracy eradication is provided under the national target program, so this funding source is not borne by the district level. Then, in October 2007, the Department of Education and Training and Training of Ham Thuan Bac district continued to request funding for the opening of the above classes. The Department of Education and Training submitted it to the People's Committee of Binh Thuan province considered . While waiting for the province to settle the funding, the teaching efforts of the teachers have not been calculated yet, mainly to encourage the teaching enthusiasm of the Cham teachers to participate in her teaching. children of their own nation.
* There is no standard and uniform curriculum and textbook issued by the Ministry of Education and Training.
* Cham people have not been thoroughly understood and educated on the sense of using and preserving their own language and writing; They have not been given adequate conditions for them to be interested in learning Cham characters such as not being provided with standard notebooks and textbooks.
* The Department of Education and Training has not specified the responsibilities of the Education and Training Department, primary schools, teachers in charge of illiteracy eradication and teachers teaching Cham in the process of teaching Cham characters. for the elderly.
2.5. Some solutions to manage the teaching of Cham characters for elderly Cham people
2.5.1. Timely compile programs, textbooks, manuals for teaching Cham characters for the elderly.
- It is necessary to have a program and a set of Cham science textbooks for the elderly, compiled and approved by a competent authority. This will be a legal document to ensure the legal operation of a class, as a basis for educational administrators to check and evaluate the performance and quality of the Cham class.
- It is necessary to have a manual for teaching Cham characters for the elderly.
Because teachers are only trained to teach high school students, they have not yet grasped the basic psychology of elderly people. If trained and guided, the teachers will have a better understanding of the subjects they teach and the methods of teaching adults. Students drop out of school midway.
- Ham Thuan Bac Department of Education and Training should continue to request the Binh Thuan Department of Education and Training to solve the lack of programs, textbooks and manuals for teaching Cham characters for the elderly.
2.5.2. Regulations on the responsibilities of the Department of Education and Training, the primary school where Cham language is taught in the primary school.
- Specify the specific responsibilities of the Head of Education and Training and Training Department, and of the Principal of the primary school in the parts related to the management of teaching Cham script for the elderly. This is a basis to evaluate the management responsibilities of educational management levels in the development of education in ethnic minority areas and to implement the Government's policy on teaching ethnic minority literacy.
- The district People's Committee shall decide to supplement the powers and duties of the Department of Education and Training regarding the content of managing ethnic minority literacy for the elderly in the district.
- The Department of Education and Training shall direct and provide professional guidance to the Department of Education and Training and primary schools to teach ethnic minority characters to adults, including teaching Cham characters; assigning duties of teachers in charge of illiteracy eradication - universalizing education in managing Cham literacy classes for adults - Department of Education and Training directs and guides primary schools and coordinates with authorities The locality teaches Cham scripting to elderly Cham people.
2.5.3. Training and fostering a team of teachers to teach Cham characters
Teachers are the ones who decide the quality of teaching, without good teachers there will be no good learning quality. Cham teachers in Ham Thuan Bac district, Binh Thuan province are lacking in number, most of them have not been properly trained to teach Cham language. One of the factors that determines the quality of learning Cham characters is the need to have a good and responsible Cham teacher at work. To do so, the education sector needs to do some of the following tasks:
- The Department of Education and Training makes a long-term plan (5 to 10 years) on opening Cham language classes, then calculates the need for the number of Cham language teachers and recommends the Department of Education and Training to have a training plan. Cham language teachers.
- While waiting for the Department of Education and Training to train Cham language teachers, in the immediate future, mobilize the number of Cham teachers to go to Cham illiteracy classes and continue studying the program after Cham literacy (grade 4, grade 4, grade 4, grade 4, grade 3, grade 3, grade 4, grade 4, grade 3, grade 3). 5) to serve as the core reserve force for the future training of Cham language teachers.
- The principal regularly organizes activities to observe, comment and evaluate the Cham literacy lesson for adults to draw experience for teaching.
2.5.4. Promote the movement of learners to the classroom
Whether learners go to class or not is a very important issue that determines the success or failure of the classroom organization, especially in classes that require a high degree of self-discipline of learners. Therefore, it is necessary to mobilize and motivate learners to go to class. This is a very difficult job, requiring the coordination of responsibility between the school, local authorities, elders and religious dignitaries. Regarding the responsibility of the Education sector, it is necessary to take a number of measures as follows:
- The principal of the primary school that organizes a Cham script class must understand specifically the subjects in the field of campaigning for the Cham script class; together with local socio-political organizations and unions to encourage their members to attend classes.
- The principal well directed the homeroom of the Cham class, reminded teachers to regularly monitor and understand the students' class situation, find out the reasons why students had to leave school in order to promptly create conditions for them to go to class.
- The principal must plan and conduct class visits to encourage the learning spirit of teachers and students.
- Depending on the specific socio-economic conditions of each locality, the Principal needs to calculate the time to open classes to be more suitable for the activities of the community. classes are closed to suit business in each locality such as during peak seasons or on Tet holidays; discuss with the local government a plan to protect security and order for the Cham class so that everyone can study safely.
- The Department of Education and Training needs to send someone to regularly monitor the situation of students going to class, to consider the means of learners' learning in order to have timely solutions.
2.5.5. Increase investment in building material foundations and facilities for teaching and learning Cham characters for adults
Must meet the minimum requirements for classrooms, tables and chairs, blackboards and other necessary equipment for teaching and learning Cham script for adults. Only in this way can we contribute to the completion of the teaching program.
To do so, you need to do:
- The principal plans to purchase and repair facilities, equipment, textbooks and other materials used in teaching Cham characters to adults.
- The principal purchases equipment, textbooks, teacher's books, reference materials for teaching Cham language to primary school students and teaching Cham characters to the elderly using financial resources. school fees. If the school's funding is not enough to pay for the above purchases, make a proposal to the Department of Education and Training for help.
- The principal suggested that the district government build more classrooms to serve the teaching of Cham if there are not enough rooms to organize teaching; mobilize organizations and social forces to support the construction of material foundations and teaching facilities in schools.
- The principal takes measures to preserve school property well, encourages teachers and students to use and preserve well textbooks and equipment related to teaching Cham characters.
2.5.6. Determining the mode of payment of teaching fees and expenses for organizing classes; provide funding to open Cham script classes for the elderly.
Determining the mode of payment of wages for teaching, the cost of organizing classes and providing funding for opening Cham literacy classes for the elderly is essential to have a basis for paying for teaching hours for teachers. and other necessary expenses for the organization of Cham literacy classes.
To achieve that, some work needs to be done:
- The Department of Education and Training shall submit it to the Department of Education and Training to propose the Provincial People's Committee to decide on the mode of payment of wages for teaching and the cost of organizing classes, providing funding for opening Cham script classes for students. elder.
- The Department of Education and Training directs schools to pay for the teaching of Cham characters fully and properly.
2.5.7. Promulgating Regulations on professional issues in management and teaching of Cham characters
Regulations on professional issues in schools are the basis for educational management levels to evaluate and manage the activities of teachers and principals. Clear and reasonable professional regulations will delineate the responsibilities of individuals and organizations in the school, creating good conditions for improving teaching quality.
To achieve the above purpose, the Department of Education and Training submits to the Department of Education and Training the following regulations:
- About the records and books of teachers teaching Cham classes for adults, such as: lesson plan, name-calling and scoring book, lesson book, homeroom book.
- About how to evaluate students' learning results: number of children to be tested, how to calculate points, how to classify learning, conditions to be promoted... - Regulations on the issuance of certificates of completion of classes to eliminate illiteracy , after eradicating illiteracy.
- Organizational structure of a Cham language class for adults (Class president, class vice president, group leaders, vice-leaders, number of students for each class).
- The mode of information and reports on the organization and results of teaching Cham characters to the elderly.
- The teaching process of a Cham script lesson for adults.
2.6. Organized a trial Cham literacy class
2.6.1. Preparing conditions to open a class to teach Cham characters
* The principal of the primary school where there are a large number of Cham people reported to the leaders of the Education and Training Department about the idea of opening a Cham literacy class for the Cham people, which comes from the aspirations of the Cham people through the proposals. Recommendations to open classes are made by the village chiefs, with confirmation from the commune authorities, for the leaders of the Department of Education and Training to consider and decide.
* Leaders of the Department of Education and Training brought up the above issue to discuss and consult with the Party cell to come to a consensus on the policy of applying for the opening of Cham literacy classes for the elderly Cham.
- Agricultural development in Nam Giang district, Quang Nam province
- Managing career guidance and job counseling for students at the College of Statistics
- Evaluation of geographical conditions and resources serving tourism territorial organization of Vinh Phuc province
- Agricultural cooperative development in Dak Lak province