Managing career guidance and job counseling for students at the College of Statistics - 8
Mục lục [Ẩn/Hiện]
- Organize A Situation Survey
- Survey Data Processing
- Actual Situation Of Career Guidance And Job Counseling For Students At The College Of Statistics
- The Reality Of The Awareness Of The Participating Forces About The Importance Of Career Guidance And Job Counseling For Students
- Awareness Of The Importance Of Career Guidance And Job Counseling Of Stakeholders
- The Strengthening Of Professional Managers For Career Guidance And Job Counseling Activities
- Actual Situation Of Career Guidance And Job Counseling For Students
- Actual Situation Of Implementing Content Of Career Guidance And Job Counseling Activities For Students At The College Of Statistics
– Organizing extracurricular activities; organize training sessions; seminar to enhance soft skills for students: presentation skills, negotiation skills, teamwork skills, computer skills, foreign language skills,…
– Be one of the focal points to receive students’ comments and feedback.
* Advice on job introduction, career orientation
– Find job sources from reputable companies and enterprises suitable to the conditions and study time of students;
– Career counseling for students to improve their love of the profession and understanding of the profession they have studied.
– Organize regular job counseling and introduction sessions for students; organize exchanges between students and employers, create an information channel between the two sides so that the two sides can learn each other’s needs, thereby introducing students to businesses.
– Get opinions from agencies and businesses about the quality of the school’s training
* Introduce student accommodation
– Search for information about hostels, hostels
– Guiding new students to enroll, providing information about dormitories and hostels for students.
* Keep in touch with alumni
– Contact and coordinate with alumni in student support activities: information about internships, practices, career opportunities and other support activities.
– Collect feedback from alumni about the school’s teaching activities, employment situation after graduation,…
c) Lecturers, experts
– Implement the teaching plan, scientific research, management assigned by the school.
– Support students in learning and scientific research.
– Implement career guidance and job counseling for students according to the school’s plan.
2.2. Organize a situation survey
2.2.1. Survey purpose
The survey aims to collect data, analyze data and assess the current status of career guidance and physical education activities, management of career guidance activities and job counseling for students of the College of Statistics in recent years.
2.2.2. Survey content
Survey research subjects on the following topics:
– The current situation of career guidance and job counseling for students of the College of Statistics in the current period.
– The current situation of managing career guidance and job counseling for students of the College of Statistics in the current period.
– The current status of the impact of factors affecting career guidance and job counseling activities for students of the College of Statistics.
– General assessment of the management of career guidance and job counseling for students of the College of Statistics in the current period.
2.2.3. Survey tool
Using the survey tool is the questionnaire. To survey the current status of management of career guidance and job counseling for students at the College of Statistics, the author distributed 118 questionnaires to managers, experts, and lecturers, and collected 118 votes and 285 questionnaires. Survey for students collected 285 votes.
2.2.4. Survey method
The author uses the following survey methods:
+ Survey method by questionnaire: design the questionnaire according to the content that the author needs to collect. Identify the appropriate survey object to get the most standard information. Organize activities to collect opinions and process results in questionnaires. Draw conclusions about research results. + In-depth interview method: prepare interview contents for research purposes (described above), select interviewees, conduct interviews according to predetermined content, process results Interview results to draw necessary scientific judgments for the research problem.
2.2.5. Survey data processing
After data collection, survey results are processed as follows:
– Calculate percentage
Percentage % =(Number of comments (by level)/Number of subjects)x100
– Calculate the average score.
+ For using 4-level measurement month, based on the average score, there are:
|Are from 1.0 to 1.75||Weak/ Not important|
|Are from 1.76 to 2.5||central average/ of little importance|
|Are from 2.51 to 3.25||Rather/ Important|
|Are from 3.26 to 4||Good/ Very important|
Maybe you are interested!
- Methods And Forms Of Career Guidance And Job Counseling For Students
- Directing Career Guidance And Job Counseling Activities For Students
- The Forces Involved In Career Guidance, Job Counseling For Students At The College Of Statistics
- Actual Situation Of Implementing Methods And Forms Of Career Counseling For Students At The College Of Statistics
- The Current Status Of Testing And Evaluating Career Guidance And Job Counseling For Students
- Some Measures To Manage Career Guidance And Job Counseling For Students At The College Of Statistics
For using the 3-level measurement month, based on the average score, there are:
|Are from 1.0 to 1.66||Not yet good/Not timely/Not true/Never
|Are from 1.67 to 2.33||Good/Timely Time/Partly True/Occasionally/Photo
|Are from 2.34 to 3.0||Very good/Very timely/Absolutely true/Usually
often/Picture enjoy much
2.3. Actual situation of career guidance and job counseling for students at the College of Statistics
2.3.1. The reality of the awareness of the participating forces about the importance of career guidance and job counseling for students
184.108.40.206. Awareness of the importance of career guidance and job counseling of stakeholders
To find out the perception of management staff, lecturers, experts and students about the importance of career guidance and job counseling for students, the author surveyed stakeholders with question number 1. (Appendix 1, 2). The results are shown in the table 2.3 below:
Table 2.3. Perception of managers, teachers, CVs and students about the importance of career guidance and job counseling
|Awareness level||Management staff, teachers, CV||Pupil|
Table 2.3 shows that: Most managers, lecturers, CVs, and students are very aware of the importance of career guidance and job counseling activities today. However, besides that, there are 2.5% of students who still have not clearly defined their career orientation and job position after graduation, so it is not important. This reflects the fact that the University currently has no positive measures to affect students’ awareness of career guidance and job positions after graduation, many students lack goals and motivation to study. , trained at the School due to lack of knowledge about the profession they choose.
Conducting career guidance and job counseling activities for students has a great impact on students’ perceptions and actions in the training process, helping students have a sense of learning to achieve the highest learning results. . Evaluation of management staff, teachers, CVs and students about the position and role of the above activity, the author obtained the results in the following table 2.4:
Table 2.4. Evaluation of survey respondents about the position and role of career guidance and job counseling for students
|Number||Content||Rating score||The level|
|Management staff, teachers, CV||SV||Shared|
|first||Help career-oriented students, choose
choose appropriate discipline.
|2||Help students have information about the market
labor move and find a suitable job.
|3||Get a raise strengthen the cooperation between the University and
single employer to the training
of the The school approaches practice and responds
application needs of society.
|4||Help students find jobs from the
nest reputable organizations, companies, enterprises
edema suitable for conditions and study time
practice of students at the School.
|5||Help Students equipped with vocational skills
Karma needed for search
job do after graduation
|6||Help Students determine their learning goals from there
effort force to achieve that goal.
|7||IDEA other ants||0||0||0|
Comments: From Table 2.4, it is shown that the survey subjects have a general assessment of the position and role of the physical activity and physical education at a high level X = 2.69. In it, the content “Helping students identify learning goals from which to strive to achieve those goals” both the management staff and students evaluated the best performance, while the content “Strengthening the cooperation between the University and the unit employing laborers so that the training of the University can approach reality and meet the needs of society” has not been done well. This result shows that the stakeholders have a correct and comprehensive awareness of the position and role of the teaching and learning activities for students. This awareness creates favorable conditions in performing the role of this activity, managers need to pay attention to this in order to fully promote the role of teachers and CVs in performing the above work.
220.127.116.11. The strengthening of professional managers for career guidance and job counseling activities
Survey on strengthening professional management staff for career guidance and job counseling activities, the author obtained the following chart:
Chart 2.1. Management staff evaluate the strengthening of professional management staff for teaching and learning activities for students
Through chart 2.1, it can be seen that management staff, teachers, and CVs evaluate the strengthening of qualified management staff for student activities in a very timely manner (80%). It can be seen that the school’s leaders are very interested in the activities of vocational education and training, and promptly strengthen the management staff with expertise in managing career guidance and job counseling. However, still 7% of management staff, teachers, and CVs assessed that the strengthening of professional management staff for the teaching and learning activities was not timely.
Surveying the construction and development of professional capacity of the management staff participating in the current HN & physical training activities, the following results were obtained:
Chart 2.2. Management staff evaluate the construction and development of a team of management staff participating in teaching and learning activities for students
From chart 2.2, it shows that 76% of management staff, teachers, and CVs rate the construction and development of a team of management staff participating in the teaching and learning activities as very good. Besides, there is still a high percentage of managers, teachers, and CVs who consider the construction and development of the management staff to participate in HR and physical training activities not good, accounting for 11%.
In summary, it can be seen that the school’s leaders are interested in building and developing a team of management staff participating in the above activities, in order to improve the knowledge and skills to perform well the activities of teaching and learning physics for students.
The establishment of the Center for Recruitment and Employment Support under the Department of Training and Scientific Management to carry out recruitment, career guidance and job counseling activities that attracted the attention of students, is shown in The following survey results:
Chart 2.3. Students’ understanding of the Center for Admission and Employment Support
The percentage of students who know about the Center accounts for 75% mainly through the center’s facebook pages, which regularly post recruitment information and extracurricular activities for students’ study and job search.
However, there is still a low percentage of 2% of students who do not know about the Center at all, due to a small number of students who have not paid attention to their studies because they have not chosen a suitable major.
2.3.2. Actual situation of career guidance and job counseling for students
18.104.22.168. Actual situation of implementing content of career guidance and job counseling activities for students at the College of Statistics
Assessing the implementation of the content of career guidance and job counseling activities for students at the College of Statistics, the author surveyed students by question number 4 (Appendix 1), management staff, teachers, and CVs with questions numbered. 5 (Appendix 2), the results are as follows:
Table 2.5. Evaluation of the survey subjects on the implementation of the content of career guidance and job counseling activities for students at the College of Engineering
1. Career activities for students of the College of Statistics
|1.1||Advice and introduction to industry
school training, position
employment after graduation.
|1.2||Organize activities give
change in learning methods,
content, characteristics of
the field of study being trained
extracurricular, exchange with the
|1.4||Answer questions from SV
about the training profession.
|1.5||Hold an event delivery
save with recruiting units
used to locate
2. Job counseling activities for students
|2.1||Organizing seminars and conferences talk
with business units, institutions agencies, organizations, individuals
|2.2||Join exchanges and associations proposal,
|2.3||Consulting and equipping SV
some search skills
|2.4||Situation statistics job
of students every year.
|2.5||Assess human needs force
of recruitment agencies.
|2.6||Provide information for birth
labor market officer.
The results in Table 2.5 show that:
Career guidance activities for college students:
Regarding the level of implementation and results of implementation of the content of career guidance activities for students at the College. Statistics and evaluation of managers, teachers, CVs and students are at a high level. The school performs well in consulting and introducing the school’s training industry, post-graduation job positions for students, but the content that has not been done well is “Organizing exchange programs with recruitment agencies”. to determine future employment position” at rank 5.