MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
UNIVERSITY OF PEDAGOGY OF HO CHI MINH CITY
MAI THI KIEU PHUONG
SPECIALIST OF ACTION QUESTIONS
IN BUY AND SELL COMMUNICATION
Specialization: Linguistic reasoning
Code: 62 22 01 01
Maybe you are interested!
- Statements containing the act of asking questions in business communication in Vietnamese - 2
- The Problem Of The Relationship Between Language And Speech
- Principle Of “Local Hypothesis” And “Similar Reasoning”
DOCTORAL THESIS LITERATURE
Assoc. Prof. Dr. NGUYEN THI HAI
Ho Chi Minh City – 2007
REASON FOR CHOOSE TOPIC
In the world, about the past thirty years, pragmatics has developed strongly and occupies a particularly important position. Research on the development and application of linguistic theory applied to language research and real life has achieved many achievements. The achievements of the applied linguistics major are the first factors that motivate us to study this topic.
On the other hand, the main difficulty posed by the trend of semantic research of languages in the current period is the problem of identifying the communicative effectiveness of speech acts from the pragmatic level of the semiotic mechanism. . Going into the topic “Speech containing the act of asking in business communication in Vietnamese”, in a way, we want to share the above difficulty. Because in reality, ASK is a common form of language action, participating in the conversation structure with high frequency. Research on questioning action is a necessary work to identify language in practice, with its communicative effect at a high level in pragmatic theory in order to partially meet the above needs.
Previously, the study of the act of asking often stopped at formal signs, listing, categorizing, considering at a static level, detached from the context. The study of the act of asking in this topic is necessary not only at the formal signs but also to fill in the blanks in terms of content and to identify the effectiveness of communication at the language and language levels. non-verbal, through the semantic – pragmatic level of direct and indirect questioning.
Our country’s economy is still poor and backward compared to other countries in the region and the world, but trade communication is an important bridge, a vital activity, and promotes the economy of a country. , especially for Vietnam that has just joined the WTO – wishing to make friends with all countries, wishing to attract foreign investment, wishing to promote the economy through trade and development – then studying languages sales communication is an urgent practical requirement. This topic contributes to serving what the society is in need of.
Vietnamese language communication in general and sales communication in particular is an essential issue in contact and cultural-socio-economic exchanges between members of the ethnic community, among most professions. domestic production, among many countries around the world. Moreover, according to our incomplete statistics, in our country almost all companies, enterprises and production lines are forced to attach importance to the buying and selling stage – which is an important output to stimulate business growth. production demand. People in real life often play the role of buyers and the number of people doing business is also quite high. Therefore, teaching sales communication and career guidance for students, so as to achieve the highest efficiency in direct trading and indirect trading after graduation, is a necessity. the urgent reality of society for education.
On the other hand, the scope of social communication has standard problems: standards in production, trading, culture, language standards, etc. We emphasize the issue of standard language education for students. Language standardization is necessary, but so far, it still has many shortcomings,” said linguists, arguing. The standard still asserts itself” [176, p. 3]
2. PROBLEM HISTORY
So far, studying the choice structure of utterances containing direct and indirect questioning in pragmatics has not been mentioned by any works. This problem is both a legacy of its predecessors and a new and enhanced one. At the same time, the object of the thesis is the OS, so of course, the question statement is a major means of conveying the content of the OS, we cannot fail to mention it. The question statement has been carefully studied by Vietnamese linguists, many basic issues are also mentioned and solved at different levels such as: concepts; classification of question sentences; relationship between questions and answers in dialogue pairs. These are the following trends:
- Some authors of Vietnamese grammar books have identified interrogative sentences according to the standard of speaking purposes such as Bui Duc Tinh, Nguyen Kim Than.
- Some other authors, including Cao Xuan Hao, identify interrogative sentences based on criteria of having their own signs of questioning state.
- Ho Le, Diep Quang Ban combine the above two criteria to determine the question.
- Some authors tend to study the meaning of the question [see : 8; 9; 14; 15; 16; 35; 44; 45; 63; 64 ;106 ], which are works describing the modal verbs and modal particles of the question. They often only take the modal particles themselves as the object of research, not fully considering them at the semantic-pragmatic level, although they are studied in both static and dynamic states.
- Others study traditional questions at the level of semantic logic, but they are influenced by formal logic, determining the logical operation of the question without paying attention to the semantic – semantic level. use.
- Some of the most recent works, paying attention to the human factor and language activities in a dynamic state, they attached research to the question at the semantic and pragmatic level [see: 63; 172; 194; 199] as factors: communicative role, context, intention, emotion… associated with a certain type of discourse. Le Dong in  has studied very carefully about semantics and pragmatics, especially the problem of message structure of legitimate questions; question subtypes and auxiliary pragmatic information types associated with the status framework of the legitimate question. Nguyen Thi Thin in  carefully studied 11 types of questions that were not asked, indirect questions, or informal questions. The author considers them mainly from the perspective of the relationship between the syntactic structure and usage, the relationship between the structure and the impact function. The author just stopped at the relationship between learning and pragmatics, with the purpose of describing the syntactic structure (summary) and usage characteristics (pragmatics) of 3 out of 11 typical question types. The picture is not used to ask questions.
- There are a number of studies on sentences with the expression of language actions, especially actions in words and borrowed words [see: 36; 76; 88; 154; 222; 226…]. The analysis of the pragmatic semantics of the question has been promoted since the speech act theory of J.Austin, followed by the introduction of J. Searle, O.Ducrot, Wierzbicka….
- Some works have proposed some new structures such as reference predicate structure; structure of thesis, structure of announcement [see 63; 72; 76; 78; 172].
The above research directions, for a long time, have achieved achievements in terms of learning, semantics and some pragmatic issues. All the achievements of the previous scientists are an important premise to help us study another blank of the question and the act of asking in the pragmatic aspect. It is the study of the selected structure to create meaning, create effective communication with a new and open perspective of scientific vision.
3. MEANING OF THEME
3.1. ABOUT THEORY
The topic contributes to verifying and adding some awareness such as: the theoretical basis for the distinctive allegorical characteristics of the act of asking in sales communication. At the same time, the thesis clarifies the sociolinguistic nature, the nature of signals, the profound nature of linguistic activities and the multifaceted relationship between pragmatic theory, semiotics, cultology, and pragmatics. , psychology, sociology, sociolinguistics.
3.2. ABOUT PRACTICES
Research results can be applied in several fields:
- Teaching Vietnamese as a mother tongue and as a foreign language.
- Teaching sales communication of the vocational program to students, especially schools of economics, foreign trade, economic administration…
- Improving knowledge about the art of asking for social workers in fields such as journalism, television, etc.
- To add a voice to the negotiation communication in buying and selling for both Vietnamese and foreigners; especially to help them make good use of pragmatic factors in the most appropriate way in the act of asking when communicating and selling.
- Choose the optimal solution to the problem of building language standards on theoretical and practical basis in the scope of trading and social life.
- Help to understand and behave politely in business communication.
- Provide additional data for other related fields: education, psychology, culturology, economics, foreign trade; building a system of storing and processing information automatically in the form of questions and answers, improving commercial negotiation, investigation and questioning, training students’ logical thinking ability…
- Add a voice to preserving the purity of the Vietnamese language.